The State Opioid Response (SOR) grant was awarded through the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA). The Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family (GOYFF) worked to address the opioid crisis by distributing funds to organizations throughout the state that supported the full implementation of the Arizona Rx Drug Toolkit. The toolkit was designed to guide communities to take actions that lead to positive outcomes in the fight against RX drug misuse and abuse.
In addition, GOYFF supported the continued service enhancements and implementation of best practices addressing the full continuum of care related to opioid misuse, abuse, and dependency by distributing approximately $3.7 million to partnering agencies to aid in the development of state, regional, and local level collaborations. Target populations included: individuals reentering the community from correctional settings, individuals in rural and isolated areas, individuals experiencing homelessness, tribal populations, veterans, military service members, pregnant women, and individuals who have experienced trauma.
SOR funding was also used to expand Prevent Child Abuse Arizona’s Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) across Arizona by trainings/certifying new Triple P providers, distributing Triple P Online codes to families, and supporting providers in their Triple P service delivery to parents unable to access Triple P programming. Prevent Child Abuse Arizona also acquired a versatile network of provider organizations throughout the state who worked with the following subpopulations: incarcerated parents at time of reentry, child welfare-involved parents/caregivers reunifying with children, and parents who have experienced domestic violence.
Triple P's Parenting Guides in Uncertain Times
- Ages 0-12 (English | Spanish)
- Teen (English | Spanish)
- Stepping Stones: Parents of Children with Special Needs (English)
- Managing Conflict (English | Spanish)
If you have questions about this program, please email your name, contact information, location, and questions to Anthony Amezquita, Program Administrator.
- Amistades, Inc.
- Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry
- Arizona State University - Health Services
- Arizona Youth Partnership
- Arizonans for Prevention
- Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
- Child & Family Resources
- Community Bridges, Inc.
- Constructing Circles of Peace
- Family Involvement Center
- Hushabye Nursery
- La Frontera EMPACT
- Maggie's Place, Inc.
- Maricopa CAASA dba Be Awesome Inc.
- Maricopa Superior Court
- Nexus Coalition for Drug Prevention
- notMYkid, Inc.
- Prevent Child Abuse Arizona
- Southwest Behavioral and Health Services
- Tanner Community Development Corporation
- Youth4Youth - Way Out West Coalition