AmeriCorps is a federally funded network of national service programs working to strengthen communities in each state and U.S. territories. The Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family (GOYFF) is responsible for administering approximately $9.5 million in federal funds for AmeriCorps programming each year. Currently, GOYFF has allocated $6 million in Formula Grant Funding awarded through a formal application process called a Request for Grant Application (RFGA) as well as approximately $3.4 million in National Competitive Grant Funding distributed by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
In Arizona, programs that receive this funding address critical community needs such as preventing opioid misuse, reducing the trauma of domestic violence, easing the strain of prisoner re-entry, increasing academic achievement, decreasing homelessness, sustaining national trails and parks, assisting seniors to stay independent, and providing mentoring to Arizona youth in the areas of literacy, continuing education, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Programs. Over 1,200 individuals become AmeriCorps members in the state of Arizona each year. Members receive a small living stipend and an education award for their term of service.
If you have questions about this program or would like to be connected to grantees who are currently providing prevention and educational programming in your community, please email your name, contact information, location, and requested programming/training to Emily Litchfield, Director of AmeriCorps/Service and Volunteerism.
Click here to learn more about serving as an AmeriCorps member in Arizona!
AmeriCorps Competitive & Formula Subgrantees
- American Conservation Experience
- Area Agency on Aging - Elder GAP
- Arizona Caregiver Coalition
- Arizona Conservation Corps
- Arizona State University School of Social Work - Survivor Link
- Arizona Supreme Court
- Education Forward Arizona
- Experience Matters
- Helen's Hope Chest
- Hushabye Nursery
- Maggie's Place
- Maricopa Superior Court
- Northern Arizona University - Alternatives to Managing Pain
- Northern Arizona University - Arizona Ready for College & Career
- Northern Arizona University - Environmental Learning Corps
- notMYkid, Inc
- Pima Prevention Partnership
- Prescott College - Economic Opportunity Corps
- Prescott College - Education Corps
- Prescott College - Health Corps
- Teach for America
- University of Arizona - Math STEMM
- University of Arizona Cooperative Extension - Wildcat Corps