The Arizona Parents Commission on Drug Education and Prevention was created by voter initiative in 1996 and established by A.R.S. §41-1604.17. The Commission receives funds from the Drug Treatment and Education Fund, established by A.R.S. §13-901.02, to fund programs that increase and enhance parental involvement, and increase education about the serious risks and public health problems caused by the abuse of alcohol and controlled substances. For more information about the Commission click here.
GOYFF supports the Commission in the administration of the dollars described above though a competitive grant application process. Most recently (State Fiscal Year 2022 (SFY22)) GOYFF and the Commission awarded $5.5 million to support programs throughout the state. The grants invest in programs to improve community education about the serious risks and public health problems caused by the abuse of alcohol and controlled substances. Initiatives sponsored by the Parents Commission include: evidence-based programs, social media campaigns, trainings, social host ordinances, information fairs, information campaigns, victim impact panels, youth group meetings, speaker bureau presentations, and in-school programming.
Grantees are selected through a competitive process. The next Request for Grant Applications (RFGA) will be available in early 2022. GOYFF uses the eCivis Grant Management System when issuing “Letters of Intent to Issue a Solicitation” for RFGAs. If interested in receiving an e-mail notification from the ProcureAZ system, register here.
If you have questions about this program or would like to be connected to grantees who are currently providing prevention and educational programming in your community, please email your name, contact information, location, and requested programming/training to Nicole Valenzuela, Program Administrator.
Click here to view Parents Commission Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Amistades, Inc.
- Arizona Youth Partnership
- Campesinos Sin Fronteras
- Casa Grande Alliance, Inc.
- Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
- Child & Family Resources, Inc.
- Constructing Circles of Peace
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District
- Fountain Hills Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- Friendly House
- Homeward Bound
- Joseph City Unified School District
- MATFORCE, Inc.
- Miami Unified School District #40
- notMYkid, Inc.
- Parker Area Alliance for Community Empowerment, Inc.
- Phoenix Indian Center/ Urban Indian Coalition of Arizona
- Pima County Health
- Pima Prevention Partnership
- Portable Practical Educational Partnership
- Queen Creek Unified School District
- Serenity First Counseling
- Southern Arizona Children’s Advocacy Center
- Southwest Behavioral Health Services
- Terros Health
- WestCare Foundation