The State Targeted Response (STR) grant is awarded through the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA). STR aims to increase prevention activities, access to treatment, and recovery support services in order to reduce the prevalence of OUD and overdose deaths. The project approach includes supporting state, regional, and local level collaborations around addressing the full continuum of care related to opioid misuse, abuse, and dependency. Target populations include: individuals living in rural underserved areas, young adults 18-25 years old, and adults ages 55 years and older.
GOYFF distributes approximately $2.1 Million to support prevention activities as they relate to this grant, including the purchase and distribution of RX drug drop boxes, RX Toolkit trainings, the further development and marketing of GOYFF’s Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery Locator, and Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) trainings across the state.
Through funding from GOYFF, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona has partnered with the Arizona ACE Consortium to develop trauma-informed online modules to train providers on the various ways trauma impacts the brain. The modules are designed to provide ongoing support to Arizonans in order to mitigate the lifelong, devastating impacts of adverse childhood experiences.
- Module 1: Introduction to ACEs
- Module 2: ACEs & Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- Module 3: Partnerships for Treatment & Prevention of SUD - Justice Systems
- Module 4: Partnerships for Treatment & Prevention of SUD - Schools
- Module 5: Partnerships for Treatment & Prevention of SUD - Faith-Based Organizations
- Module 6: Partnerships for Treatment & Prevention of SUD - Direct Service Providers
- Module 7: Creating Substance Use Prevention Campaigns
If you have questions about this program or would like to be connected to grantees who are currently providing prevention and educational programming in your community, please email your name, contact information, location, and requested programming/training to Emily Uline-Olmstead, Program Administrator.
- Area Agency on Aging
- Arizona State University
- Maricopa County Public Health
- Northern Arizona University
- Prevent Child Abuse Arizona
- Steward Health Choice Integrated Care
- University of Arizona