On behalf of the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism, the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family (GOYFF) is now accepting nominations for the 20th Annual Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards.
The Governor's Volunteer Service Awards' mission is to promote an ethic of service and volunteerism and to recognize volunteer efforts that strengthen communities and improve the quality of life for Arizonans.
Overall Eligibility Criteria for Award: These awards recognize individuals and groups who have dedicated their hearts, hands, and minds to help strengthen communities and solve persistent problems within Arizona. All categories except Lifetime Community Service should only include service activities performed during the 2022 calendar year. Required service hours, such as those served for academic credit or restitution, should not be included. Awardees will be selected in the following categories:
- Lifetime Community Service - Individuals who have exemplified the ideals of service for 25 years or more.
- Inspired Adult Leadership - Individuals 18 years of age or older at the time of nomination.
- Inspired Youth Leadership - Individuals 17 years of age or younger at the time of nomination, or youth/school groups.
- Service to Community - Businesses, organizations, or groups that serve in the public interest such as service clubs, fraternal societies, tribal nations, active duty military and Veterans, community-, faith-, and/or college/university-based.
- National Service Member/Volunteer - A member of an AmeriCorps, VISTA, or Seniors program who served during the 2022 calendar year.
- Disaster Response - An individual, group, business, or organization that helped to prepare for, protect against, respond to, and recover from disasters and/or emergencies in the community.
Deadline to Submit Nominations: February 27, 2023
Note: The Governor's Commission on Service and Volunteerism reserves the right to grant no award or more than one award in a category based on the number and quality of nominations received.